I have a header with a transparent backgrounsd, and I am trying to get the text of the header to change colour between white and black depending on the background of the div it's overlapping.
So far I have managed to add a class of .color-menu to all the divs where I want the header to be black.
I then have it add a class of .dark-menu to the header when the .color-menu div reaches the top of the page.
The problem is that it only works for the first .colour-menu div. It will change to black when it is in the viewport and back to white for the next div but then when the next .color-menu div gets to the top it doesn't change.
So, it seems like the .each function isn't working but I am not sure how to fix it.
$(window).scroll(function() {
$('.color-menu').each(function(i){
var top_of_element = $(".color-menu").offset().top;
var bottom_of_element = $(".color-menu").offset().top + $(".color-menu").outerHeight();
var top_of_screen = $(window).scrollTop();
if ((top_of_screen > top_of_element) && (top_of_screen < bottom_of_element)) {
$(".header").addClass("dark-menu");
} else {
$(".header").removeClass("dark-menu");
}
});
});
UPDATE: I have also tried using $(this) but it really throws off when it changes color.
$(window).scroll(function() {
$('.color-menu').each(function(i){
var top_of_element = $(this).offset().top;
var bottom_of_element = $(this).offset().top + $(this).outerHeight();
var top_of_screen = $(window).scrollTop();
if ((top_of_screen > top_of_element) && (top_of_screen < bottom_of_element)) {
$(".header").addClass("dark-menu");
} else {
$(".header").removeClass("dark-menu");
}
});
});
Here is a simplified version of my code as an example:
$(document).ready(function() {
$(".white").addClass("color-menu");
$(".white-bold").addClass("color-menu");
$(".light").addClass("color-menu");
$(".light-bold").addClass("color-menu");
$(".bright").addClass("color-menu");
});
$(window).scroll(function() {
$('.color-menu').each(function(i){
var top_of_element = $(".color-menu").offset().top;
var bottom_of_element = $(".color-menu").offset().top + $(".color-menu").outerHeight();
var top_of_screen = $(window).scrollTop();
if ((top_of_screen > top_of_element) && (top_of_screen < bottom_of_element)) {
$(".header").addClass("dark-menu");
} else {
$(".header").removeClass("dark-menu");
}
});
});
.header {
width: 100%;
background: rgba(0,0,0,0);
margin: 0;
padding:10px;
position: fixed;
text-align: center;
}
.header a {
color: white;
font-size: 2rem;
text-transform: uppercase;
}
.dark-menu a{
color: black;
}
.black {
background-color: black;
height: 200px;
}
.white, .white-bold, .light, .light-bold, .bright {
background-color: white;
height: 200px;
}
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.3.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<div class="header">
<a>This is the header</a>
</div>
<div class ="black"></div>
<div class ="white"></div>
<div class ="black"></div>
<div class ="white-bold"></div>
<div class ="black"></div>
<div class ="light"></div>
<div class ="black"></div>
<div class ="light-bold"></div>
<div class ="black"></div>
<div class ="bright"></div>