I'm looking for using docker to emulate the minimum of our current cloud environment. We have about 10 services (each with your own MySQL8 database, redis, php-fpm and nginx). Currently they have a docker-compose.yml per repository, but they cant talk to each other, if I want to test a feature where a service needs to talk to another I'm out of luck.
My first approach was to create a Dockerfile per service (and run all together using a new docker-compose.yml), using Debian, but i didn't got too far, was able to install nginx, (php-fpm and dependencies), but when I got to the databases it got weird and I had a feeling that this isn't the right way of doing this.
Is there a way to one docker-compose.yml "include" each of docker-compose.yml from the services?
Is there a better approach to this? Or should I just keep with the Dockerfile and run them all on the same network using docker-compose?


