Godaddy does not propagate txt record with host _acme-challenge

Viewed 1015

I am trying to set up a lets encrypt ssl certificate on my doamin xxx.com.hk

It does matter what I try, godaddy does not propagate txt record for host _acme-challenge or _acme-challenge.xxx.com.hk or _acme-challenge.cam

The only one they propagate is the @

Ideas?

1 Answers

I just tried this. I was able to make it work by putting the challenge under both @ and _acme-challenge. Once @ was established it appeared to link over to the other.

I was stuck like you and had a hash on _acme-challenge. Then I tried again on the @ and did "nslookup -q=txt yoursite.com" and waited for it to show up and when it did and I continued certbot pulled up the old hash on _acme-challenge. Once I synced them both to be the same it went through. A note, _acme-challenge was the key and certbot appended the site name after it upon detection, _acme-challenge.yoursite.com. I was doing this under Windows-Ubuntu subsystem with "certbot certonly --manual --preferred-challenges dns"

Related