I have an app on heroku. I upgraded its version from node 6 to node 12. After upgrading to 12 on local environment it started giving me follow error.
Error: self signed certificate
On the local environment, I ignored this error by using the following command.
NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0
But this is not an option for me on production environment. I am using heroku automated certificate management for my SSL needs and it is working perfectly uptill Node version 12.
Ideally it should not give that error because on the production server I have proper certificate setup by using heroku automated certificate management
My certificates are valid but I am seeing Self signed certificate error in my logs. Your help is appreciated.
Stack trace of the error is as follows.
Error: self signed certificate (Most recent call first)
at TLSSocket.onConnectSecure (_tls_wrap.js line 1501 col 33)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js line 315 col 19)
at TLSSocket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js line 483 col 11)
at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js line 936 col 7)
at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js line 710 col 11)
at Socket.ondata (internal/js_stream_socket.js line 72 col 21)
at Socket.emit (events.js line 315 col 19)
at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js line 483 col 11)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js line 295 col 11)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js line 271 col 8)