I am using python-docx to create a new document and then I add a table (rows=1,cols=5). Then I add a picture to each of the five cells. I have the code working but what I see from docx is not what I see when I use Word manually.
Specifically, if I set on "Show Formatting Marks" and then look at what was generated by docx, there is always a hard return in the beginning of each of the cells (put there by the add_paragraph method.) When I use Word manually, there is no hard return.
The result of the hard return is that each picture is down one line from where I want it to be. If I use Word, the pictures are where I expect them to be.
What is also strange is that on the docx document I can manually go in and single click next to the hard return, press the down cursor key once, and then press the Backspace key once and the hard return is deleted and the picture moves to the top of the cell.
So my question is, does anyone know of a way to get a picture in a table cell without having a hard return put in when the add_paragraph method is executed?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
def paragraph_format_run(cell):
paragraph = cell.add_paragraph()
format = paragraph.paragraph_format
run = paragraph.add_run()
format.space_before = Pt(0)
format.space_after = Pt(0)
format.line_spacing = 1.0
format.alignment = WD_ALIGN_PARAGRAPH.CENTER
return paragraph, format, run
def main():
document = Document()
sections = document.sections
section = sections[0]
section.top_margin = Inches(1.0)
section.bottom_margin = Inches(1.0)
section.left_margin = Inches(0.75)
section.right_margin = Inches(0.75)
table = document.add_table(rows=1, cols=5)
table.allow_autofit = False
cells = table.rows[0].cells
for i in range(5):
pic_path = f"Table_Images\pic_{i}.jpg"
cell = cells[i]
cell.vertical_alignment = WD_ALIGN_VERTICAL.TOP
cell_p, cell_f, cell_r = paragraph_format_run(cell)
cell_r.add_picture(pic_path, width=Inches(1.25))
doc_path = "TableTest_1.docx"
document.save(doc_path)