I have created a Kotlin multiplatform project using Intelli-j IDE (community edition) following a tutorial from this site:
What I have not followed is the xCode part of the tutorial since, at this point although I want this project to be multiplatform, my primary interest is for Android.
When I am running the common sample tests, I see the error:
e: org.jetbrains.kotlin.konan.MissingXcodeException: An error occurred during an xcrun execution. Make sure that Xcode and its command line tools are properly installed.
I can also see that the for the associated configuration, tasks details the following:
cleanIosTest iosTest
That is why I am receiving the error.
What I can't figure out is how to change Sample Test to not run that configuration. I have tried to remove those tasks, Apply and Save but they keep reappearing when I run them. I can't see anything in the build.gradle files that indicates anything iOS specific for testing.
build.gradle.app
plugins {
id 'org.jetbrains.kotlin.multiplatform' version '1.3.72'
}
repositories {
google()
jcenter()
mavenCentral()
}
apply plugin: 'com.android.application'
apply plugin: 'kotlin-android-extensions'
android {
compileSdkVersion 28
defaultConfig {
applicationId 'org.jetbrains.kotlin.mpp_app_android'
minSdkVersion 15
targetSdkVersion 28
versionCode 1
versionName '1.0'
testInstrumentationRunner 'android.support.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner'
}
buildTypes {
release {
minifyEnabled false
}
}
}
dependencies {
implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
implementation 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:28.0.0'
implementation 'com.android.support.constraint:constraint-layout:1.1.3'
androidTestImplementation 'com.android.support.test:runner:1.0.2'
}
kotlin {
android("android")
// This is for iPhone emulator
// Switch here to iosArm64 (or iosArm32) to build library for iPhone device
iosX64("ios") {
binaries {
framework()
}
}
sourceSets {
commonMain {
dependencies {
implementation kotlin('stdlib-common')
}
}
commonTest {
dependencies {
implementation kotlin('test-common')
implementation kotlin('test-annotations-common')
}
}
androidMain {
dependencies {
implementation kotlin('stdlib')
}
}
androidTest {
dependencies {
implementation kotlin('test')
implementation kotlin('test-junit')
}
}
iosMain {
}
iosTest {
}
}
}
// This task attaches native framework built from ios module to Xcode project
// (see iosApp directory). Don't run this task directly,
// Xcode runs this task itself during its build process.
// Before opening the project from iosApp directory in Xcode,
// make sure all Gradle infrastructure exists (gradle.wrapper, gradlew).
task copyFramework {
def buildType = project.findProperty('kotlin.build.type') ?: 'DEBUG'
def target = project.findProperty('kotlin.target') ?: 'ios'
dependsOn kotlin.targets."$target".binaries.getFramework(buildType).linkTask
doLast {
def srcFile = kotlin.targets."$target".binaries.getFramework(buildType).outputFile
def targetDir = getProperty('configuration.build.dir')
copy {
from srcFile.parent
into targetDir
include 'app.framework/**'
include 'app.framework.dSYM'
}
}
}
The Sample tests look like this:
package sample
import kotlin.test.Test
import kotlin.test.assertTrue
class SampleTests {
@Test
fun testMe() {
assertTrue(Sample().checkMe() > 0)
}
@Test
fun testProxy() {
assertTrue(Proxy().proxyHello().isNotEmpty())
}
}
The configuration looks like this:
Does anyone know how I can resolve this without needing to download xCode? I am happy to share any other information but am not truthfully sure what I should be sharing for this.
Incidentally, I did create another configuration without that line but, when I press the green PLAY button on the first test, it always defaults to the Sample Test configuration with the iOS tasks in.
