I am trying to use datagrip for my database management. I can create a connection but when the data of the database I get this error:
[42000][1253] COLLATION 'utf8_general_ci' is not valid for CHARACTER SET
'latin1'. COLLATION 'utf8_general_ci' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'latin1'
I have looked only for solutions to this but non of them seem to work. A few of them involved changing the /etc/mysql/my.cnf file it showed the changes that should work but didn't have any effect.
my.cnf:
!includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/
!includedir /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/
[client]
loose-default-character-set=utf8
[mysql]
default-character-set=utf8
[mysqld]
collation-server = utf8_unicode_ci
init-connect='SET NAMES utf8'
character-set-server = utf8
the result:
show variables like '%char%';
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name | Value |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client | utf8 |
| character_set_connection | utf8 |
| character_set_database | utf8 |
| character_set_filesystem | binary |
| character_set_results | utf8 |
| character_set_server | utf8 |
| character_set_system | utf8 |
| character_sets_dir | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
show variables like '%collation%'
+----------------------+-----------------+
| Variable_name | Value |
+----------------------+-----------------+
| collation_connection | utf8_general_ci |
| collation_database | utf8_unicode_ci |
| collation_server | utf8_unicode_ci |
+----------------------+-----------------+

