How do I create a border around a block in a sheet with 24 rows starting from the 3rd row and 10 columns starting from 2nd column in R for an XLSX workbook
I tried using Border and CellBlock but no luck
How do I create a border around a block in a sheet with 24 rows starting from the 3rd row and 10 columns starting from 2nd column in R for an XLSX workbook
I tried using Border and CellBlock but no luck
Using openxlsx you can try the following (reproducible example).
Create individual styles for left, right, top, and bottom borders, and use addStyle for appropriate rows/columns (e.g., row 3, columns 2-12 should all have a top border).
Make sure when adding styles you don't overwrite and cut off the corners; use stack = TRUE to prevent this from happening.
library(openxlsx)
# Create workbook
wb <- createWorkbook()
# Add sheet
addWorksheet(wb, sheetName = "cars")
# Write dataframe
writeData(wb, sheet = "cars", x = mtcars[1:24,], startRow = 3, startCol = 2)
# Apply styles
addStyle(wb, sheet = "cars", style = createStyle(border = "Top"), rows = 3, cols = 2:12)
addStyle(wb, sheet = "cars", style = createStyle(border = "Bottom"), rows = 27, cols = 2:12)
addStyle(wb, sheet = "cars", style = createStyle(border = "Left"), rows = 3:27, cols = 2, stack = TRUE)
addStyle(wb, sheet = "cars", style = createStyle(border = "Right"), rows = 3:27, cols = 12, stack = TRUE)
# Save workbook
saveWorkbook(wb, "border_test.xlsx", overwrite = TRUE)