I am trying to handle the ctrl + c in the shell script. I have code running in while loop but i am calling the binary from script and running it in background so when i want to stop the binary should stop. Code is below of hello.c
vim hello.c
#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
while(1)
{
int n1,n2;
printf("Enter the first number\n");
scanf("%d",&n1);
printf("Enter the second number\n");
scanf("%d",&n2);
printf("Entered number are n1 = %d , n2 =%d\n",n1,n2);
}
}
Below is the Bash script which i used.
#/i/bin/sh
echo run the hello binary
./hello < in.txt &
trap_ctrlc()
{
ps -eaf | grep hello | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill -9
echo trap_ctrlc
exit
}
trap trap_ctrlc SIGHUP SIGINT SIGTERM
After starting the script the hello binary is running continuously. I have killed this binary from other terminal using kill -9 pid command.
I have tried this trap_ctrlc function but it not work. How to handle the Ctrl + c in shell script.
In in.txt i have added the input so i can pass this file directly to the binary
vim in.txt
1
2
Output:
Enter the first number
Enter the second number
Entered number are n1 = 1 , n2 =2
Enter the first number
Enter the second number
Entered number are n1 = 1 , n2 =2
Enter the first number
Enter the second number
Entered number are n1 = 1 , n2 =2
And it going continuously.