JHipster Entities Menu is Empty after succeed import-jdl

Viewed 575

I have just installed JHipster (VueJS) thru docker image, and I imported jdl file directly form https://start.jhipster.tech/jdl-studio/.

jhipster@66b8176ee05f:~/app$ jhipster import-jdl ../jhipster.jdl
INFO! Using JHipster version installed locally in current project's node_modules
INFO! Executing import-jdl ../jhipster.jdl
INFO! Found .yo-rc.json on path. This is an existing app
INFO! The JDL is being parsed.
warn: In the One-to-Many relationship from Employee to Job, only bidirectionality is supported for a One-to-Many association. The other side will be automatically added.
warn: In the One-to-Many relationship from Department to Employee, only bidirectionality is supported for a One-to-Many association. The other side will be automatically added.
INFO! No change in entity configurations, no entities were updated.
INFO! The JDL has been successfully parsed
INFO! Congratulations, JHipster execution is complete!

And then I ran ./mvnw -P-webpack and also yarn start on the different terminal.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Both are works perfectly and app runs on the localhost:8080 thru ./mvnw and also localhost:9000 from npm start.

Here is my currentr schemas (From http://localhost:9000/admin/docs) :

enter image description here

And here is my problem, Although the schemas already imported perfectly but the Entities Menu is still Empty.

enter image description here

enter image description here

I have tried following sollution but nothing is work:

  • Incognito browser to start with empty cache.
  • ./mvnw and also ./mvnw -P-webpack
  • npm start

Any body can help me how to solve this issue?

4 Answers

By using -P-webpack, you deactivate webpack profile which means the frontend is not built by maven and not bundled in the backend, this works only if you access the frontend through the webpack dev server on port 9000.

Otherwise if you access it through the backend port (8080) you'll see the result of latest successful build which in your case was at the project generation when there was no entities yet.

Have you checked your header/menues module? I lost all my entities list when I upgraded.

It was removed from src/main/webapp/app/shared/layout/menus.entities.tsx as it seems (using react). For those using Angular, check the same module.

Reverting changes made by the generator solved the problem for me.

enter image description here

Generating JHipster project directly from JDL reproduces the issue. I hit it with Angular, so it is not Vue related.

I got solution by splitting this single step:

jhipster import-jdl my-jdl-file.jdl

to:

jhipster
jhipster import-jdl my-jdl-file.jdl

or to:

jhipster import-jdl my-jdl-file-application-part-only.jdl
jhipster import-jdl my-jdl-file-entities-part.jdl

It solves the "no entities" problem.

Regenerating the entire code of all microservices and gateway into a new folder using jhipster jdl command is an option. It worked for me.

jhipster jdl sample.jdl
Related