YouTube Data API Comments: Insert mention @username in a reply

Viewed 313

Problem:

There're COMMENT THREADS (parent comments) under a YouTube Video. 
There're COMMENT REPLIES (replies to parent comments) under a comment thread.
I want to post a COMMENT REPLY including (mentioning) the @author of the comment I'm replying to.

Example:

Parent Comment Thread (posted by Adam White): "Love this video!"

  • |--Child Comment Reply (posted by Eve Black): "Why everybody likes it?"
  • |--MY COMMENT COMES HERE (posted by Anton Frolov): "@Eve Black because it's awesome!!"

enter image description here

The guys here seemed to have a solution:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/49185982/10584570
I didn't go far with it though.

textOriginal = "+[Eve Black] because it's awesome!!"
textOriginal = "+/channel/UCeMvTX0kLEDXEKrxMnCk-BA because it's awesome!!"
textOriginal = "+[UCeMvTX0kLEDXEKrxMnCk-BA] because it's awesome!!"
textOriginal = "@UCeMvTX0kLEDXEKrxMnCk-BA because it's awesome!!"
textOriginal = "+UCeMvTX0kLEDXEKrxMnCk-BA because it's awesome!!"

Just gets posted as a raw text.
code piece:

response = youtube.comments().insert(
    part="snippet",
    body={"snippet": {
        "parentId": "UgzpEQFrEGFZbvj3gZp4AaABAg",
        "textOriginal": textOriginal}}).execute()

Docs:
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/comments/insert

A ton of karma to anybody trying to help

0 Answers
Related