I have built a web server that I am trying to password protect. I am trying to set up basic auth using spring boot. This is my configuration file so far:
@Configuration
@EnableWebSecurity
public class SecurityConfiguration extends WebSecurityConfigurerAdapter {
@Override
protected void configure(HttpSecurity http) throws Exception {
http.authorizeRequests()
.antMatchers("/", "/v1/occupancy/*")
.permitAll()
.anyRequest()
.authenticated()
.and()
.httpBasic();
}
}
This works as expected and protects one of my GET endpoints, allowing me to authenticate.
However, for a POST endpoint, this does not work. The endpoint looks like this:
@RequestMapping(path = "/v1/admin/repository")
public class RepositoryOptionsController {
private final EstablishmentOptionsRepositoryService establishmentOptionsRepositoryService;
private final SubAreaOptionsRepositoryService subAreaOptionsRepositoryService;
@PostMapping("/establishment/options")
public ResponseEntity<String> postEstablishmentOption(@RequestBody OptionsRequestDto body) {
When I do
curl -X POST "http://localhost:8080/v1/admin/repository/establishment/options" -u root -v -d "{...}"
I get
Enter host password for user 'root':
Note: Unnecessary use of -X or --request, POST is already inferred.
* Trying ::1...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to localhost (::1) port 8080 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'root'
> POST /v1/admin/repository/establishment/options HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:8080
> Authorization: Basic cm9vdDpyb290
> User-Agent: curl/7.64.1
> Accept: */*
> Content-Length: 271
> Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
>
* upload completely sent off: 271 out of 271 bytes
< HTTP/1.1 401
< Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=6E1CBD875597C83E6DEB794986050631; Path=/; HttpOnly
< X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
< X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
< Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate
< Pragma: no-cache
< Expires: 0
< X-Frame-Options: DENY
* Authentication problem. Ignoring this.
< WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Realm"
< Content-Length: 0
< Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 15:29:13 GMT
<
* Connection #0 to host localhost left intact
* Closing connection 0
The same user/pass combination works without issue on GET. What do?