How to downgrade CUDA to 10.0.10 with conda, without conflicts?

Viewed 26717

I would like to go to CUDA (cudatoolkit) version compatible with Nvidie-430 driver, i.e., 10.0.130 as recommended by the Nvidias site.

Based on this answer I did,

conda install -c pytorch cudatoolkit=10.0.130

And then I get this error (pastebin link). (very-short version below):

(fastaiclean) eghx@eghx-nitro:~$ conda install -c pytorch cudatoolkit=10.0.130
...  
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: | 
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes.  Press CTRL-C to abort.
failed   
UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be incompatible with each other:

Output in format: Requested package -> Available versions

Package _libgcc_mutex conflicts for:
pyzmq -> libgcc-ng[version='>=7.3.0'] -> _libgcc_mutex=[build=main]
libgcc-ng -> _libgcc_mutex=[build=main]
lcms2 -> libgcc-ng[version='>=7.3.0'] -> _libgcc_mutex=[build=main]
...  
The following specifications were found to be incompatible with your system:

  - feature:/linux-64::__cuda==10.1=0
  - feature:|@/linux-64::__cuda==10.1=0

Your installed version is: 10.1

Why am I getting conflicts? Why does it say 10.1 when cuda toolkit is 10.2.89 (conda list)? how to handle conflicts? What can I do with this error? The conflicts are so huge, I don't know where to start.

Other

  • Nvidia driver 430

  • current cudatoolkit: 10.2.89

1 Answers

Check current version with

torch.version.cuda

I had 10.2. But I need 10.1 according to: table 1 here and my 430 NVIDIA driver installed.

Uninstall and Install

conda remove pytorch torchvision cudatoolkit

conda install pytorch==1.6.0 torchvision==0.7.0 cudatoolkit=10.1.168 -c pytorch

Say yes to everything for the above commands.

Related