I'm trying to get a very basic oauth example to work in a node.js app with express and googleapis. Upon running the application it throws a TypeError inside the UUID dependency which is included with the googleapis-common module. I'm getting a bit frustrated at this point because I have not been able to find any additional information about this to allow me to resolve it myself.
Take a look at the screenshot below for the specifics:

Here it is in text if that makes things easier:
Exception has occurred: TypeError: Cannot assign to read only property 'name' of function 'function generateUUID(value, namespace, buf, offset) {
if (typeof value === 'string') {
value = strin...<omitted>... }'
at _default (C:\Users\ficar\OneDrive\Desktop\Frontend\node_modules\googleapis-common\node_modules\uuid\dist\v35.js:71:23)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\ficar\OneDrive\Desktop\Frontend\node_modules\googleapis-common\node_modules\uuid\dist\v3.js:14:27)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1137:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1157:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:985:32)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:878:14)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1025:19)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:72:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\ficar\OneDrive\Desktop\Frontend\node_modules\googleapis-common\node_modules\uuid\dist\index.js:63:34)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1137:30)
The file this is being thrown in is called "v35.js".
My initial thought is that I must be missing some additional library that interprets the logic throwing the error differently. Eager to learn more about this and find a resolution.