I am trying to build a next.js server-side rendered blog. For it, I need to paginate the posts data. However, I am yet to find a way to use the query cursors firebase provides to paginate the data. The building query code is:
let postsQuery = firebase.firestore().collection('/posts').orderBy('postedOn', 'asc').limitToLast(10);
if (currentTagFilter !== 'All') {
postsQuery = postsQuery.where('tag', '==', currentTagFilter);
}
Now, this works for the first page, but I do not know how to request the next 10 posts. I could have saved the first document of the query and use .endBefore(firstPost). But, if I create some state in _app.js and save the first document in an array, for example, I cannot find how to make it accessible in getServerSideProps. Not to mention, if the user goes straight to /page/2, nothing will be displayed to him as the query for page 1 has not been performed yet.
How can I paginate the data correctly?