I've been asked to look at some dev ops stuff regarding python and I'm a bit stuck. The network I'm working is not internet connected so I've been setting up Nexus repositories to bring in dependencies for docker, java and pypi that the other developers can access and pull down locally. However, they have started using conda more and more and we are on a fixed version on our dev network to match a delivery network.
I'm trying to use nexus' conda repos although every time I try and install something it tries to update everything else, including the python and conda versions which are:
conda version : 4.8.3
conda-build version : 3.18.11
python version : 3.8.3.final.0
I've edited my .condarc file to read:
channels:
- http://master:8041/repository/anaconda-proxy/main/
- http://master:8041/repository/conda-forge/
remote_read_timeout_secs: 1200.0
auto_update_conda: false
channel_priority: false
However every time i try to install something to cache the dependencies I get an huge list of updates. For example:
conda install cudatoolkit
<snip>
The following packages will be downloaded:
package | build
---------------------------|-----------------
alabaster-0.7.12 | py_0 16 KB http://master:8041/repository/anaconda-proxy/main
anaconda-client-1.7.2 | py38_0 172 KB http://master:8041/repository/anaconda-proxy/main
anaconda-project-0.8.4 | py_0 210 KB http://master:8041/repository/anaconda-proxy/main
argh-0.26.2 | py38_0 36 KB http://master:8041/repository/anaconda-proxy/main
.....
Any advice would be great. I've added the auto_update_conda and channel_priority flags but to no avail. Thanks in advance.
Additonal info: I'm a Java developer and I only use a bit of python, so I'm not massively familar with the anaconda setup so apologies if this is simpler than I'm making it.