I have an Azure API app service with 30+ appsettings in its configuration. This app service is deployed in 3 environments, where some appsettings are universal across the environments, and other settings are environment-specific. We are using Devops CD pipeline to deploy to the different environments.
Right now the settings are manually created/updated in the app portal. But I would like to have the settings as part of the deployment - either in the source files or the devops CD pipeline.
I know that Devops have a "Azure App Service Settings" task, which does exactly what I want - But there is a limit of 5000 characters in its app-settings slot, so I would have to add several tasks for this, which quickly becomes unmanagable (lots of digging to find a particular setting).
Is it possible to use arm template for app settings? Or maybe there is another way to do this?