ios 14: [general] 'NSKeyedUnarchiveFromData' should not be used to for un-archiving and will be removed in a future release

Viewed 3201

I'm receiving a message in the log saying

[general] 'NSKeyedUnarchiveFromData' should not be used to for un-archiving and will be removed in a future release.

I have recently downloaded iOS14 on my Mac. I'm developing some login page in the project. It's working fine on iOS13 and lower versions. But on iOS14 I'm getting the above issue. User interaction not there on the login page.

On iOS14 I am trying to enter the username and password I can't able to enter. user interaction is not there. I am using objective-c.

Anybody help me, please.

1 Answers

As the warning suggests, NSKeyedUnarchiveFromData will be removed in the future because it's not secure by default.

If you are using CoreData then you have to update your CoreData Structure accordingly to save your data.

Checkout following thread: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/107533

Edit:

If you are not able to enter a username or password on your Simulator, then Disable the Automatically Sync Pasteboard option on your Simulator and relaunch the Simulator.

Steps:

  • Go to Simulator
  • Click On Edit
  • Uncheck Automatically Sync Pasteboard
  • Relaunch the Simulator
Related