Python IDE - docstring with PyCharm and vs-code

Viewed 1305

I recently switched to use PyCharm as my main python IDE. I am having a problem on generating docstrings. I usually follow the Google standard, which is supported natively on PyCharm and with an extension on vscode (https://github.com/NilsJPWerner/autoDocstring).

In vscode, I was getting a very good autocomplete, especially for default and optional parameters. In PyCharm, however, I am only able to add a placeholder for the type information. Below the two examples:

Code to generate doctoring:

def fun(first, second = 1, third = ''):
    raise NotImplementedError

vscode with autoDocstring:

"""[summary]

Args:
    first ([type]): [description]
    second (int, optional): [description]. Defaults to 1.
    third (str, optional): [description]. Defaults to ''.

Raises:
    NotImplementedError: [description]
"""

PyCharm:

"""

Args:
    first (): 
    second (): 
    third (): 

Returns:

"""

Is there a way to improve what PyCharm can generate and get it closer to the combination of vscode and autoDocstring?

0 Answers
Related