Run X11 Server (VcXsrv) from Windows Powershell

Viewed 3896

I would like to set up an X11 Server so that I can run graphical Linux applications using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL 2). I have tried following the instructions on this site.

The command

choco install vcxsrv

completed successfully. But I cannot see how to start XLaunch (VcXsrv).

I already have Cygwin/X X Server installed on my machine and I am still able to launch that successfully. But when I try the following command,

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> vcxsrv

I get the following error message,

vcxsrv : The term 'vcxsrv' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

I have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to start XLaunch (VcXsrv) without any success.

2 Answers

Try to look on default folder installation:

"C:\Program Files\VcXsrv\xlaunch.exe"

Try this command to run VcXsrv

xfsettingsd --sm-client-disable; xfce4-panel --sm-client-disable --disable-wm-check &

or

C:\Program Files\VcXsrv\xlaunch.exe

Refer the following link to understand VcXsrv installation and it's usage,

Running WSL GUI Apps on Windows 10

Related