I have two data_frames, as below:
df_name:
Student_ID Name DOB
0 1 Raju 1993-02-02
1 2 Indu 1987-01-04
2 3 Laya 2000-06-24
df_marks:
Student_ID Subject Int1/40 Int2/40
0 1 Eng 10 35
1 1 Tam 30 38
2 1 Mat 20 30
3 1 Sci 15 20
4 2 Eng 35 25
5 2 Tam 25 15
6 2 Mat 22 30
7 2 Sci 29 23
8 3 Eng 18 17
9 3 Tam 19 16
10 3 Mat 27 26
The task is to create a data_frame(below one), where I need to add df_marks['Int1/40'] & df_marks['Int2/40'], if df_name['Student_ID'] == df_marks['Student_ID']
Student_id Name DOB Tam/50
0 1 Raju 1993-02-02 NaN
1 2 Indu 1987-01-04 NaN
2 3 Laya 2000-06-24 NaN
I tried
df_out['Tam/50'] = df_marks[['Int1/40','Int2/40']].sum(axis=1).where(df_marks['Subject']==df_out['Student_id'])
But its giving error as,
ValueError: Can only compare identically-labeled Series objects
Do we have any simple way to do this?
Regards, Deepak Dash