IAR Embedded Workbench menu bar missing

Viewed 1177

I have IAR Embedded Workbench - ARM 8.20.2 in a production environment and it looks like someone hit something causing the menu bar to be hidden. There are no obvious hamburger menus, dropdowns, etc that I can click on to easily get it back, just a blank barren menu area without a contextual (right click) menu. just above the usual IAR tool bar. I would normally look at the IAR key bindings to figure this out, but.. there's no menu and can't find a shortcut for that. I've spent awhile now googling this without any luck. Does anyone out there know if there is a shortcut for toggling the menu bar?

Thanks, Matt

3 Answers

I was able to resolve this issue by deleting the PROJECT_NAME.wsdt file from the settings folder in the projects. Thank you to both @user694733 and @Clifford for their help with this.

I found that the menu bar missing applied to all projects in a workspace. To fix it, exited IAR workbench, and deleted the .wsdt file in the workspace folder. Then restarted IARWorkbench and loaded the workspace file. I found that the workspace was reset for all projects in that workspace, and the menu bar was present as expected. Problem solved. Thanks for the previous post about the .wsdt file.

The file Project.wsdt resides in a directory called "settings". If deleting only the file doesn't help, close the software, delete the entire directory (or rename it, to be on the safe side), and then open the project again.

Related