Unity included DLLs size

Viewed 1522

I’m working on WebGL projects and have really big build size(after all optimisation recommendations which I founded in web). I researched build log and founded that included DLLs takes more than 85% of build size (13.4 MB). Similar situation on empty project. Can you help me with DLLs memory reduce?

3 Answers

It's hard to say whether you have done it or not, but it's possible to turn off built-in packages that you are not using. Window -> Package Manager -> Built-in Packages (dropdown in top left corner)

You may get rid of unused parts of the engine this way.

You can change scripting backend in ProjectSettings -> Player -> Configuration to IL2CPP and in Optimiztion section set Managed Stripping Level to High. Tested it in Unity 2020.1.17f1 in Mobile template. Size reduced from 17Mb to 6Mb with empty scene only. Also trying step by @Pindwin but no result for me.

I optimized Incuded DLLs from 13.4 MB to 9.5 MB by change API Compatibility Level from .NET 2.0 to .NET 4.x, but I have same build size.

Related