Timeout on SQL Server creating table with name EXP_REG

Viewed 106

I have problem creating a table with specific name, and only this name EXP_REG,

CREATE TABLE EXP_REG (CODE CHAR(2))

I get this error:

Msg 121, Level 20, State 0, Line 0
A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server.

(provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.)

If I change name to EXP_RE it is created correctly.

CREATE TABLE EXP_RE (CODE CHAR(2))

But EXP_REGANOTHER has the same problem.

CREATE TABLE EXP_REGANOTHER (CODE CHAR(2))

and this not work either

SELECT * 
FROM sys.objects 
WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'EXP_REG')

Version of SQL Server in use:

Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (RTM) - 14.0.1000.169 (X64)   Aug 22 2017 17:04:49 
Copyright (C) 2017 Microsoft Corporation  
Developer Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3 <X64> (Build 9600: )

I don't understand this problem. This behavior does not happen in all versions

0 Answers
Related