I am working through Adam Freeman's book "Pro ASP.Net Core 3". I have gotten to the introduction to https. He instructs us to use Powershell and run these commands in this order
dotnet dev-certs https --clean
dotnet dev-certs https --trust
When I run the clean command, I get a message saying
"HTTPS development certificates successfully removed from the machine."
But when I run the trust command, I get:
"A valid HTTPS certificate with a key accessible across security partitions was not found. The following command will run to fix it: 'sudo security set-key-partition-list -D localhost -S unsigned:,teamid:UBF8T346G9' This command will make the certificate key accessible across security partitions and might prompt you for your password. For more information see: https://aka.ms/aspnetcore/2.1/troubleshootcertissues
A valid HTTPS certificate with a key accessible across security partitions was not found. The following command will run to fix it: 'sudo security set-key-partition-list -D localhost -S unsigned:,teamid:UBF8T346G9' This command will make the certificate key accessible across security partitions and might prompt you for your password. For more information see: https://aka.ms/aspnetcore/3.1/troubleshootcertissues
Trusting the HTTPS development certificate was requested. A confirmation prompt will be displayed if the certificate was not previously trusted. Click yes on the prompt to trust the certificate. There was an error trusting HTTPS developer certificate."
I tried
- running
dotnet dev-certs httpsresults in "A valid HTTPS certificate is already present." - running powershell as administrator. But I got the same errors. The book says I may get a couple of dialog boxes, but I did not get them.
dotnet --versiongives me 3.1.200.
What do I have to do to get the certificate to work?

