Is there a way to open .html from VSCode terminal/debug console link in browser?

Viewed 708

Right now it seems that the terminal in Visual Studio Code provides a way to Ctrl+Click and open files from the terminal/debug console in a new editor (for a file in the system):

Yet, in this particular case, I'd like to open a .html file in the browser and not in the editor. Is there any way to configure this (or maybe even do this through some extension)?

Use case: I'd like to see the html created as an output of a test run in the browser and not inside a Visual Studio Code editor:

enter image description here

1 Answers

This isn't really supported by VSCode itself.

I created a ticket for that in:

https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/108853

Where it's explained that it's not supported and won't be implemented in the foreseeable future, but who knows, maybe in a few years from now it may make the cut ;)

Related