Assume two files with same amount of columns.
file_A:
1 2 3 4 5
1 2 3 4 5
1 2 3 4 5
1 2 3 4 5
1 2 3 4 5
and
file_B:
A B C D E
A B C D E
A B C D E
A B C D E
A B C D E
I want to merge two files in order like
file_C:
1 A 2 B 3 C 4 D 5 E
1 A 2 B 3 C 4 D 5 E
1 A 2 B 3 C 4 D 5 E
1 A 2 B 3 C 4 D 5 E
1 A 2 B 3 C 4 D 5 E
I have found a solution in the community like this
paste file_A file_B | awk '{print $1,$6,$2,$7,$3,$8,$4,$9,$5,$10}'
But considering amount of columns is like 100 for each file or not constant, I want to know if there is a better method.
Thanks in advance.