AWS ALB Client TLS Negotiation Error Occurring on the Hour or Half Hour

Viewed 859

I have a Scala application managed by ecs that makes a call through an alb to various python applications also managed by ecs. This application sends a significant amount of traffic through the alb (on the order of 750 requests/min). The problem is That I am on occasionally getting a java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out. This error seems to occur when there are 5+ Client TLS Negotiation Errors occurring through the alb. These Client TLS Negotiation Errors are occurring on the hour or half hour in random intervals. For Example: the error could occur at 4:30, 8:00, 12:00, 15:30, 18:00 on a particular day. Unfortunately the python applications are black boxes to me and I don't have access to the logs. My question is what could be causing these tls issues? Also could I discount the python applications as being part of the issue? I am using a legitimate ssl cert, but I am also using .option(HttpOptions.allowUnsafeSSL) when performing the rest calls.

0 Answers
Related