Unable to install nvm on Big Sur, CLT not found

Viewed 2656

I am setting up a new computer with the Big Sur beta and I am unable to get CLT (command line tools) to install properly or be registered. I have installed Homebrew but when I try to install nvm (brew install nvm) I get an error:

Error: Your CLT does not support macOS 11.0.
It is either outdated or was modified.
Please update your CLT or delete it if no updates are available.

I've followed Homebrew giving error that SDK not found (MacOS 11/10.16) with no luck. I've installed CLT via the apple developer download (for Xcode 12) without luck. I've installed Xcode 12 directly and still no luck.

When I query CLT via xcodeselect -v it returns: xcode-select version 2383

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?

1 Answers

xcode-select --install didn't work for me and had to download the binary to install it. I was able to install homebrew, however, but brew doctor gives me this message. I imagine it'll be sorted out in the near future.

Related