I am trying to patch a custom qt virtual keyboard from Yocto.
First of all I cloned the git repo of that keyboard, changed one file (just replace an old version of .otf by new one), committed the changes and created the patch file executing:
git format-patch -1 <COMMIT_ID> -o patches
In result I have an commit file inside /patches/ folder.
I have checked it by reverting the changes and git apply <File.patch> again. Everything looks fine.
The next step.
I have necessary qtvirtualkeyboard_%.bbappend file in /sources/meta-yogurt/recipes-qt/qt5/. I created new folder qtvirtualkeyboard and copied the file.patch there.
Than I modified qtvirtualkeyboard_%.bbappend and not it looks like:
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
SRC_URI += \
"file://0001-Update-font-file.patch;striplevel=0"
PATCHTOOL = "git"
PACKAGECONFIG = " lang-de_DE lang-en_GB lang-ru_RU lang-zh_CN \
lang-it_IT lang-ja_JP"
I tried to modify it with and without PATCHTOOL var and striplevel - it did not make any result.
And in the end when I build the image I receive the next error:
ERROR: qtvirtualkeyboard-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+dc18b608b5-r0 do_patch: Applying '0001-Update-font-file.patch' failed:
can't find file to patch at input line 12
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|From 5defffb3a8afaa8e254cd2cf551d6126ead74014 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
|From: Savchenko Serhii <s.savchenko@smissltd.com>
|Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 11:41:37 +0300
|Subject: [PATCH] Update font file
|
|---
| FontAwesome.otf | Bin 85908 -> 465076 bytes
| 1 file changed, 0 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
|
|diff --git a/FontAwesome.otf b/FontAwesome.otf
|index 81c9ad949b47f64afeca5642ee2494b6e3147f44..7720e3739b64143d0a1dcb28fda78ac209afbcb8 100644
--------------------------
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y]
Skipping patch.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?