I am running e2e tests using Detox (https://github.com/wix/Detox) and I was wondering if there is a way to control which test file to run, either through the CLI or some config file.
Currently I am using two test files in the following file structure:
> e2e
config.json
environment.js
firstTest.js
secondTest.js
My .detoxrc.json file below:
{
"testRunner": "jest",
"runnerConfig": "e2e/config.json",
"configurations": {
"android.emu.debug": {
"binaryPath": "android/app/build/outputs/apk/debug/app-debug.apk",
"build":
"cd android && sh gradlew assembleDebug assembleAndroidTest -DtestBuildType=debug && cd ..",
"type": "android.emulator",
"device": {
"avdName": "Pixel_2_API_28"
}
},
"android.emu.release": {
"binaryPath": "android/app/build/outputs/apk/release/app-release.apk",
"build": "cd android && sh gradlew assembleRelease assembleAndroidTest -DtestBuildType=release &&
cd ..",
"type": "android.emulator",
"device": {
"avdName": "Pixel_2_API_28"
}
}
}
}
When I run the tests using
detox test --configuration android.emu.debug
firstTest.js runs first and then secondTest.js runs, which is fine.
Sometimes you would not like to run firstTest.js to save time and only run secondTest.js.
So my question is: Is it possible to control which test file to run either through the detox CLI or by modifying the .detoxrc.json file? Or by some other means?
I am not interested in a dummy hack like commenting out all the tests in firstTest.js file or something like that.