Additional EFS Access Point cannot be mounted

Viewed 2352

I am using some EFS Access Points from an EC2 instance. I had initially set up the access points I needed and can mount the original access points using the efs file type, eg:

sudo mount -t efs -o tls,accesspoint=[access-point-1-id] [efs-fs-id]:/ mnt1

This works and I can see and update files in the mounted file system. I then added a new access point under the same file system. However when I attempt to mount the new access point I get the following:

sudo mount -t efs -o tls,accesspoint=[access-point-2-id] [efs-fs-id]:/ mnt2
mount.nfs4: access denied by server while mounting 127.0.0.1:/
Exception in thread Thread-1 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.py", line 804, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.py", line 757, in run
  File "/sbin/mount.efs", line 796, in poll_tunnel_process
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Yet the original Access Point can be mounted with no problem.

These are both under the same mount target for the subnet, which is available. The Network Interface shows up in the EC2 console as in-use and the associated Security Group has the NFS port accessible. It's certainly allowing access to the first Access Point. My question is, why is access to the newly added Access Point denied? Have I forgotten to add the Access point to another security list or is there something in the system I need to restart for the new Access Point to be noticed?

I welcome any suggestions.

0 Answers
Related