I am using a custom comparator in a C++ map. Unfortunately map.find() often doesn't find the desired entry in the map.
Code to reproduce this is very simple:
#include <array>
#include <iostream>
#include <map>
using namespace std;
typedef struct DATA_t {
array<int, 4> data;
} DATA_t;
struct DATA_cmp {
bool operator()(const DATA_t& a, const DATA_t& b) const {
for (int i = 0; i < a.data.size(); ++i)
if (a.data[i] < b.data[i]) return true;
return false;
}
};
int main(int argc, char** argv) {
map<DATA_t, int, DATA_cmp> index;
DATA_t data1 = {1, 2, 4, 8};
DATA_t data2 = {1, 3, 5, 7};
DATA_t data3 = {0, 6, 7, 8};
DATA_t data4 = {0, 1, 1, 2};
index[data1] = 1;
index[data2] = 2;
index[data3] = 3;
index[data4] = 4;
cout << "data1 " << (index.find(data1) == index.end() ? "not found" : "found") << endl;
cout << "data2 " << (index.find(data2) == index.end() ? "not found" : "found") << endl;
cout << "data3 " << (index.find(data3) == index.end() ? "not found" : "found") << endl;
cout << "data4 " << (index.find(data4) == index.end() ? "not found" : "found") << endl;
return 0;
}
Output should be for all lines "found", but I get:
data1 found
data2 not found
data3 found
data4 found
I suspect the problem is my comparison function, but I don't see my mistake.