I started to build an API using NextJs framework. I want it to be hosted on Firebase (Hosting and Functions). Everything is working as long as I send only GET requests. When I send a POST request I receive a "502 Bad Gateway" error.
It's very simple to reproduce. You just have to download and deploy the example provided by the team developing NextJs.
create a new project on Firebase console
install the "with Firebase hosting" example
change the project name in the .firebaserc (line 3) file
create a folder "api" under the folder "pages"
create a file "hello.js" under the folder "api" and add the following snippet
export default async (req, res) => { const { body, method } = req; console.log("method :>> ", method); console.log("body :>> ", body); switch (method) { case "POST": res.status(200).end(`Method ${method} supported!`); break; default: res.setHeader("Allow", ["POST"]); res.status(405).end(`Method ${method} Not Allowed`); } };deploy the app
send a GET request to "https://[project-name].web.app/api/hello" and see it works
send a POST request to "https://[project-name].web.app/api/hello" and see it does not work
Do you have a the same error as me?
I spent 2 days to read articles, watch videos and try different configurations. You can even update the firebaseFunctions to add a console.log and see the POST request is caught by the Firebase Cloud Function but the NextJs server does not pass it to our API like it does for a GET request. It's out of my skills range...
Below the output you should have. The POST request should be answered with 200 - Method POST is supported!.
