I have Xcode 12, the newest version, from App Store. On my exising iOS project, I added a WatchKit app with deployment target of watchOS 7.0. However, when I try to run the watch app on simulator, it tries to install then gives me this error in an alert:
This app could not be installed at this time.
Could not install at this time. WatchKit 1.0 apps are no longer installable on this watchOS version.
I don't know what's wrong with the target that causes it to give this error. Like said before, the deployment target for the app is watchOS 7 and the app uses SwiftUI. I also can't get a preview on SwiftUI because it gives me the same error saying cannot install. I tried this answer, but it doesn't work at all.
Here are the error details:
This app could not be installed at this time.
Domain: IXUserPresentableErrorDomain
Code: 1
Failure Reason: Could not install at this time.
Recovery Suggestion: WatchKit 1.0 apps are no longer installable on this watchOS version.
--
WatchKit 1.0 apps are no longer installable on this watchOS version.
Domain: MIInstallerErrorDomain
Code: 133
User Info: {
FunctionName = "-[MIInstallableBundle _isValidWatchKitApp:withVersion:installableSigningInfo:error:]";
LegacyErrorString = UnsupportedWatchKitVersion;
SourceFileLine = 698;
}
--
System Information
macOS Version 11.0 (Build 20A5374g)
Xcode 12.0 (17219)
I have another iOS project with a WatchKit app that is running just fine.
Do you have this problem also or know how to resolve it? Any help is appreciated.