I am trying to do this matrix multiplication assignment for my parallel programming class, but I don't understand what my professor means with this "for to by" loop he has in the pseudocode. More specifically, why is the "by" there and how do I translate it into code? I am using C.
Here is the loop that he wants me to code as a part of this assignment: variables A, B, and C are 2D arrays that I defined. n is the size of the two n by n matrices being multiplied together, and I do not know what the variable s is supposed to be after the "by" statement.
//Loop 3
for it = 1 to n by s do
for kt = 1 to n by s do
for jt = 1 to n by s do
for i = it to min(it+s-1, n) do
for k = kt to min(kt+s-1, n) do
for j = jt to min(jt+s-1, n) do
C[i,j] = C[i,j] + A[i,k] x B[k,j]
endfor
endfor
endfor
endfor
endfor
endfor