I am trying to get a list of months (actually the first days of those months) between two dates in Java but I am not getting the expected results.
The start date is "3/17/2020", the end date "3/17/2021" and the expected result is as follows:
"01-Mar-2020"
"01-Apr-2020"
"01-May-2020"
"01-Jun-2020"
"01-Jul-2020"
"01-Aug-2020"
"01-Sep-2020"
"01-Oct-2020"
"01-Nov-2020"
"01-Dec-2020"
"01-Jan-2021"
"01-Feb-2021"
"01-Mar-2021"
Here below is the code I am using:
import java.text.DateFormat;
import java.text.ParseException;
import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;
import java.util.Calendar;
public class Main {
public static void main(String[] args) {
String date1 = "3/17/2020";
String date2 = "3/17/2021";
DateFormat formater = new SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy");
Calendar beginCalendar = Calendar.getInstance();
Calendar finishCalendar = Calendar.getInstance();
try {
beginCalendar.setTime(formater.parse(date1));
finishCalendar.setTime(formater.parse(date2));
} catch (ParseException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
DateFormat formaterYd = new SimpleDateFormat("01-MMM-YYYY");
while (beginCalendar.before(finishCalendar)) {
// add one month to date per loop
String date = formaterYd.format(beginCalendar.getTime()).toUpperCase();
System.out.println(date);
beginCalendar.add(Calendar.MONTH, 1);
}
}
}
With the above code I am getting the following result:
"01-Jan-2020"
"01-Feb-2020"
"01-Mar-2020"
"01-Apr-2020"
"01-May-2020"
"01-Jun-2020"
"01-Jul-2020"
"01-Aug-2020"
"01-Sep-2020"
"01-Oct-2020"
"01-Nov-2020"
"01-Dec-2020"
Please help me understand the issue and suggest any solution for the same with java 7.