Electron's flashFrame(true) doesn't flash taskbar icon continuously

Viewed 337

tl;dr :

Expected behavior:

flashFrame(true) to continuously flash until flashFrame(false) being called.

Actual behavior:

flashFrame(true) only flash for 4 times.

My question:

Is there any configuration I need to configure in BrowserWindow() or it is expected?


Context:

I'm currently working on a ReactJS messaging desktop application where I wish the taskbar icon to flash when the application receive a new message and when the window is minimized. I did perform some searches on the internet and on the Electron documentation before I ask this question over here. I do manage to find someone to have similar question asked over here but the answer isn't what I wanted to achieve.

What I've observed, the flashFrame(true) is indeed working but it only flash for precisely 4 times before it went back to default mode. My code is as below:

if (electron) { //if it is run on Electron
  if (remote.getCurrentWindow().isMinimized() === true) { //if the current window are minimized
      remote.getCurrentWindow().flashFrame(true);
   }
}

Is there any configuration I need to make for the flashFrame(true) to flash continuously or is it Electron expected behavior?

Environment:

 "devDependencies": {
    "electron": "latest",
    "electron-builder": "latest",
  }
1 Answers
Related