I have been trying to troubleshoot this code, but nothing is coming to mind. The expected result is as follows...
- I enter a binary number of 6 digits or less into the textbox.
- I press the "Convert" button.
- A short paragraph will display the decimal equivalent of the binary number.
var BinIN = document.getElementById("binaryInput").value;
let DecOUT = 0;
function compute() {
if ((BinIN.charAt(0) = 1)) {
DecOUT += Math.pow(2, BinIN.length - 1);
}
if ((BinIN.charAt(1) = 1)) {
DecOUT += Math.pow(2, BinIN.length - 2);
}
if ((BinIN.charAt(2) = 1)) {
DecOUT += Math.pow(2, BinIN.length - 3);
}
if ((BinIN.charAt(3) = 1)) {
DecOUT += Math.pow(2, BinIN.length - 4);
}
if ((BinIN.charAt(4) = 1)) {
DecOUT += Math.pow(2, BinIN.length - 5);
}
if ((BinIN.charAt(5) = 1)) {
DecOUT += Math.pow(2, BinIN.length - 6);
}
if ((BinIN.charAt(6) = 1)) {
DecOUT += Math.pow(2, BinIN.length - 7);
}
if ((BinIN.charAt(7) = 1)) {
DecOUT += Math.pow(2, BinIN.length - 8);
}
document.getElementById("DecimalOutput").innerHTML = DecOUT;
}
<label for="binaryInput">Binary</label><br />
<input type="text" id="binaryInput" name="binaryInput" value="0" /><br />
<button onclick="compute()">Convert</button>
<p id="DecimalOutput"></p>