I'm trying to implement the following packages with my Flutter app:
https://pub.dev/packages/permission_handler
https://pub.dev/packages/fit_kit
and I've done so by writing the following two functions:
Future<void> checkPermissions() async {
var status = await Permission.activityRecognition.status;
if (status.isUndetermined || status.isDenied) {
Permission.activityRecognition.request();
} else if (status.isPermanentlyDenied) {
openAppSettings();
}
}
Future<void> read() async {
results.clear();
await checkPermissions();
for (DataType type in [DataType.STEP_COUNT, DataType.DISTANCE]) {
try {
results[type] = await FitKit.read(
type,
dateFrom: _weekBeginning,
dateTo: _now,
);
} on UnsupportedException catch (e) {
results[e.dataType] = [];
}
}
dailyStepBuffer = 0;
dailyDistanceBuffer = 0;
for(FitData dataPoint in results[DataType.STEP_COUNT]){
print(dataPoint);
dailyStepBuffer += dataPoint.value.round();
}
for(FitData dataPoint in results[DataType.DISTANCE]){
print(dataPoint);
dailyDistanceBuffer += dataPoint.value.round();
}
setState(() {
dailySteps = dailyStepBuffer;
dailyDistance = dailyDistanceBuffer;
});
}
The functions and packages work as intended on iOS, but for some reason, whenever I call read() on an Android device, it shows me this sign in screen, and when I click on my account, it does nothing and I get the error:
E/flutter ( 8211): [ERROR:flutter/lib/ui/ui_dart_state.cc(166)] Unhandled Exception: PlatformException(FitKit, User denied permission access, null)
I've gotten the OAuth 2.0 client ID using my SHA-1 fingerprint, added <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACTIVITY_RECOGNITION"/> to my AndroidManifest.xml file and added the following to my build.gradle:
implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-fitness:19.0.0'
implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-auth:18.1.0'
Unfortunately though, none of these appear to have solved the issue. I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could help me solve this, thanks!