I'm trying to web crawl movie titles from this website: https://www.the-numbers.com/market/2019/top-grossing-movies
And keep getting broken word like "John Wick: Chapter 3 — ".
This is the code:
url = "https://www.the-numbers.com/market/" + "2019" + "/top-grossing-movies"
raw = requests.get(url,
headers={'User-Agent':'Mozilla/5.0'})
html = BeautifulSoup(raw.text, "html.parser")
movie_list = html.select("#page_filling_chart table tr > td > b > a") #"#page_filling_chart > table > tbody > tr > td > b"
for i in range(len(movie_list)):
print(movie_list[i].text)
And these are the outputs:
Avengers: Endgame
The Lion King
Frozen II
Toy Story 4
Captain Marvel
Star Wars: The Rise of Skyw…
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Aladdin
Joker
Jumanji: The Next Level
It: Chapter Two
Us
Fast & Furious Presents: Ho…
John Wick: Chapter 3 — Para…
How to Train Your Dragon: T…
The Secret Life of Pets 2
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu
Once Upon a Time…in Hollywo…
I want to know why I keep getting these broken words and how to fix this!
