Is there some way to instruct react-select to select an option on menu close or select blur, but only if it is the one created (not from default list)?
Context:
I have a list of e-mail addresses and want to allow user to select from the list or type new e-mail address and then hit Submit button. I do the select part with react-select's Creatable component and it works.
import CreatableSelect from 'react-select/creatable';
<CreatableSelect
options={options}
isMulti={true}
isSearchable={true}
name={'emailAddresses'}
hideSelectedOptions={true}
isValidNewOption={(inputValue) => validateEmail(inputValue)}
/>
But what happens to my users is that they type new e-mail address, do not understand they need to click the newly created option in dropdown menu and directly hit the Submit button of the form. Thus the menu closes because select's focus is stolen and form is submitted with no e-mail address selected.
I look for a way how can I select the created option before the menu is closed and the typed option disappears.