In ASP.NET Core MVC, I'm facing trouble creating a login panel, I'm using sessions after the user is logged into the account and I'm storing the session values inside the ViewBag. But the ViewBag does not get any value inside of it, it rather gets null value inside it.
Here's the controller
[HttpPost]
public IActionResult Login(userModel model)
{
var findValue = _context.users.Any(o => o.username == model.username);
var findValue2 = _context.users.Any(o => o.password == model.password);
if (findValue && findValue2)
{
HttpContext.Session.SetString("Username", model.username);
}
return View(model);
}
public IActionResult Index()
{
ViewBag.Username = HttpContext.Session.GetString("Username");
return View();
}
And here's the view Index.cshtml
@model ComplaintManagement.Models.userModel
@{
ViewData["Title"] = "Portal";
}
<h1>Welcome @ViewBag.Username</h1>
Login.cshtml
@model ComplaintManagement.Models.userModel
@{
ViewData["Title"] = "Login";
}
<div class="row mb-3">
<div class="col-lg-4"></div>
<div class="col-lg-4 border login" style="background-color: #d3d1d1;">
<h4 class="mt-3 text-center">
<i class="fa fa-lg fa-user text-secondary"></i><br />
Login
</h4>
<hr />
<form method="post" asp-action="Index" asp-controller="Portal">
<div class="text-danger"></div>
<div class="text-warning">@ViewBag.Name</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label class="mt-4 asp-for=" username"">Username</label>
<input class="form-control" type="text" required="required" asp-for="username" />
<span></span>
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label class="mt-4" asp-for="password">Password</label>
<input type="password" class="form-control" required="required" asp-for="password" />
<span></span>
</div>
<center>Don't have an account? <a asp-controller="Portal" asp-action="Register">Register here</a>.</center>
<center><button value="login" class="btn btn-primary mt-3 w-25 mb-3 align-content-center">Login</button></center>
</form>
</div>
<div class="col-lg-4"></div>
</div>
