VS Code React app closes/crashes using Chrome debugger

Viewed 1417

I am troubleshooting an issue I am having debugging a React application using VS Code with the Chrome debugger extension. I am using Windows 10 x64.

When I try to log into the application from the app's login page, the debug browser closes without any error (see screenshot below of break-point in code where the browser closes/crashes). I've tried debugging with both Chrome and Edge and I see the same issue with both browsers. enter image description here

I do not have the same issue running the application without debugger from npm start. Nor do I see the issue when running the application from Chrome debugger on a different computer. Also my friend who is working on the same code does not see the issue on his computer when debugging or running the code.

I cloned an extra copy of the application code onto a different directory on my computer and that did not fix the issue.

I see a file is created \src\debug.log which seems like it could be related to the issue, but not sure what this is used for. The log file just shows the below error over and over.

ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(469)] failed to stat report

Any ideas on how I can fix this or what might be happening here?

2 Answers

I faced with the same issue in the Chrome version 85, I've updated to version 86.0.4240.75 and now is working for me

Related