drives_DF$block_device == ""
[1] TRUE TRUE TRUE FALSE TRUE
How do I reduce this down to a single FALSE like doing an AND() in Excel?
How do I reduce this down to a single TRUE like doing an OR() in Excel?
drives_DF$block_device == ""
[1] TRUE TRUE TRUE FALSE TRUE
How do I reduce this down to a single FALSE like doing an AND() in Excel?
How do I reduce this down to a single TRUE like doing an OR() in Excel?
Wrapping your code with all() will return TRUE if all evaluated elements are TRUE
all(drives_DF$block_device == "")
[1] FALSE
Wrapping your code with any() will return TRUE if at least one of the evaluated elements is TRUE
any(drives_DF$block_device == "")
[1] TRUE
You can use any and all functions available in R to get the required like this:
#Considering a vector of boolean values
boolVector = c(F,T,F,T,F)
print(all(boolVector, na.rm = FALSE)) #AND OPERATION
print(any(boolVector, na.rm = FALSE)) #OR OPERATION
The output of the print statements are:
[1] FALSE
[1] TRUE