How can rowBuffer settings in AG-Grid be optimized, especially for child rows in a Master Detail grid?

Viewed 422

I'm virtualizing a large Master-Detail AG-Grid for performance. A rowBuffer can be set at the master and detail level. Through experimentation I know these settings can cause my grid to lock up completely or to work. I cannot find any documentation on how they work.

Documentation says:

By default the grid will render 10 rows before the first visible row and 10 rows after the last visible row, thus 20 additional rows get rendered. This is to act as a buffer as on some slower machines and browsers, a blank space can be seen as the user scrolls.

To change the row buffer, set grid property rowBuffer to the number of rows you would like to render in addition to the visible rows. Set rowBuffer=0 to turn off row buffering.

  1. How does rowBuffer function on child rows?
  2. Is there a way in chrome or chromium to determine a performance score for scrolling in the tuning process?
0 Answers
Related