I am trying to find the minimum value among different columns and group. A small sample of my data looks something like this:
group cut group_score_1 group_score_2
1 a 1 3 5.0
2 b 2 2 4.0
3 a 0 2 2.5
4 b 3 5 4.0
5 a 2 3 6.0
6 b 1 5 1.0
I want to group by the groups and for each group, find the row which contains the minimum group score among both group scores and then also get the name of the column which contains the minimum (group_score_1 or group_score_2), so basically my result should be something like this:
group cut group_score_1 group_score_2
1 a 0 2 2.5
2 b 1 5 1.0
I tried a few ideas, and came up eventually to dividing the into several new data frames, filtering by group and selecting the relevant columns and then using which.min(), but I'm sure there's a much more efficient way to do it. Not sure what I am missing.