Play store 2020: Is there a review process for "promoting" an app from closed testing to production?

Viewed 2100

So I just submitted an app for closed alpha testing. The release status is "being reviewed".

After this, I will need to promote the exact same app (no new updates/upgrades/APK uploads) to open testing and prod. At each stage, will there again be a separate review process?

There is an almost identical question here but it is a couple of years old, and it seems like the review process has changed recently. So I am asking again.

1 Answers

it looks like they have indeed implemented a new review process for each of the different release tracks.

However, even though a "Being reviewed" message appears below the release, you'll notice another "Promote release" dropdown below. If you click on it, you'll have the option to promote to any other active track, even straight to Production.

To answer your question - there will be distinct review processes per release track (as you noted), but the option to instantly promote is available.

Related