Can't push local Postgre database to Heroku

Viewed 1989

i have a problem getting my local database into Heroku.I'm currently working on building a Django web application and I tried to learn about getting local database to Heroku .I was trying to push my local Postgresql database with pg:push command then this error happen

pg_restore: error: unrecognized data block type (0) while searching archive
 !    pg_restore errored with 1

Any idea why is this happened ?

1 Answers

I'm a lazy programmer and efficient so this is much more easier rather than paying for AWS backup store them in excel sheets. This save cost and not use PUSH: PULL which is not efficient.

Using CMD as ADMIN to insert Excel data to Heroku Postgres Database.

Follow INSTRUCTION

1. OPEN CMD AS ADMIN

2. heroku pg:sql postgresql-rugged-08088 --app sample

3. CREATE TABLE SERIAL_T (  id SERIAL , SERIAL VARCHAR(50),  USE INT,    DEVICES TEXT[], PRINTED BOOLEAN,  PRIMARY KEY (id))

4. \COPY SERIAL_T (SERIAL, USE, DEVICES, PRINTED) FROM 'C:\Users\PATH\EXCEL-03-27-2021.csv' DELIMITER ','CSV HEADER;

enter image description here

Related