How to prevent Edge from translating a webpage

Viewed 3551

In the last weeks I had some calls from users of my cloud application that tell me, that all labels and buttons do have strange names & descriptions. It turned out that the reason for this is the automatic translation in Microsoft Edge that is activated on their devices.

The problem: we offer a German cloud application and Edge tries to translate German into (really stupid) German. It doesn't care about <html lang="de"> and tries to translate the complete German page into another German one which is completely stupid and wrong.

How can I prevent this behavior? How can I tell Edge that this page already is in German and that it doesn't need to be translated?

This is a really stupid behavior because it completely confuses our users and we get a lot of calls from them that our application is not working correctly.

2 Answers

I guess you're using Edge Chromium. Correct me if I guess wrong. notranslate class doesn't work for me. You can add this line inside <head></head> to disable automatic translation in browser:

<meta name="google" content="notranslate" />

I've tested and it can work well in Edge Chromium and Chrome.

Reference link: How to disable google translate from html in chrome

Related